Updated: Jul 12
Oh we all love oreos don’t we? My personal favourite is the oreo shake. Yummm…I can already feel my palate going ga ga over the thought of it. So lately I have been trying out a couple of oreo desserts, because A) these biscuits are easily available and B) these biscuits are super delicious. I vaguely recollect having tried these at a carnival at Singapore years ago as a child. So I decided to pen down the recipe for you guys to try out as well. Enjoy these deep fried dessert made to perfectly suit your starving souls!
· 2 packets of oreo cookies (or about 18-20 cookies)
· 1 egg
· 1 cup whole milk
· 2 cups pan cake mix
· Vegetable oil
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ¼ cup powdered Sugar
1. In a large bowl, add milk, egg, 2 tsp of vegetable oil, vanilla extract and pancake mix. Whisk the batter until smooth and ensure no lumps remain. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
2. In a cooking pot with medium dept, add some amount of cooking oil and heat on medium flame.
3. Dip the oreo cookie in the mixture until it is completely covered and carefully drop them into the hot pan.
4. Fry on either sides until golden brown.
5. Keep a tissue paper tray ready to drain off excess of oil after frying.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar and serve.