Waffles have become such a trendy dessert in the past few years I must say. Although I did enjoy these go-to breakfast or dessert dish as a child, but I very well recall having it occasionally and not so often. Well, times have changed and today we you’re just one phone call away from ordering your favourite waffle. With all these flavours being introduced, I somehow aways am more inclined towards the classic Chocolate waffle. It’s either this or plain waffles with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Here’s my version of chocolate waffle. You could always skip an ingredient you want to!
· 2 cups of all purpose flour
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ cup powdered sugar
· ½ tsp cinnamon powder
· 1 cup cocoa powder
· 2 eggs
· 2 cups milk
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, seive and mix the dry ingredients well.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the ingredients of both bowls and mix well. One trick you can apply here is folding the batter whilst mixing it.
4. Preheat the waffle iron and brush some melted butter. Pour the batter carefully and cooke for about 5- 10 minutes or until brown and crisp.
5. Serve with extra chocolate sauce or powdered sugar just the way you’d prefer. I enjoy some berries and honey as well.