One thing about homemade #dumplings is the way you can go all out and make the healthy as per your taste preferences. This appetizer is quite an easy cook even if it is your first time at it. Although there are multiple variations for the filling, you can always prepare it with the ingredients of your choice. An important tip I would give you all, is ensuring your dumplings are moist and juicy. I personally enjoy devouring pan fried dumplings but you can always skip that part if you wish to. I will be sharing with you guys my quick #chicken dumpling recipe. Happy cooking!
1 whole minced chicken
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
1 chopped onion, 3 small chopped carrots, grated garlic cloves (3-4) and ginger, some green peas
Olive oil or cooking oil as per choice
6 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ tspn salt
½ tspn pepper
1 ⅓ cups cream
1 tbsp melted butter
½ cup milk
1. Prepare the filling by combining all the ingredients together on a pan and simmer on medium flame until the minced chicken is cooked. Use a spoon to mix well.
2. To prepare the dough, whisk the flour, baking powder, cream, pepper and salt in a bowl of melted butter and milk. Mix until the dough is ready and not sticky. Leave it in the bowl for 20-30 minutes covered with a damp cloth.
3. Form the dough into small balls and flatten then out into circles. Spoon some filling onto the dough a little away from the centre. Moisten the edges using your fingers and some water. Fold the dumpling in the form of a half-moon. Then press and seal tightly.
4. Make sure to not over fill and prepare the rest of the fillings in a similar way.
5. In a large pot, bring the water to boil and drop the dumplings gently into the water until they float onto the top. Using a strainer scoop them out once done.
6. You may pan fry the dumplings until they turn slightly light brown and crispy. Serve these dumplings by garnishing with some herbs or chopped parsley leaves. Dip in soy sauce, or schezwann sauce as per your preferance.